"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First Time on the Swather

Since 2003 we have rented out our field to farmers in the area. This year we decided we wanted to take a more active role in farming our ground. We have been working with Laurence Bagg to establish our field to alfalfa. Today was the day to swath the first cutting! Hannah and I spent several hours on the swather today. We got to see the fruits of our labor since we did get to run the wheel lines across six times since the middle of May. It was her first time ever on the swather and my first time for this year. We had fun. Hannah sat on my lap and watched while I drove and she took a little cat nap in her car seat. It seems like she will make a good rider in the future. Notice the dark sky in the background. It looks a little like thunder showers. Hopefully the hay doesn't get rained on tonight. I also posted a bonus picture of Hannah doing tummy time after we got in from the field.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
Why do I think there is going to be a LOT of time on that swather??? You are getting to be quite the little farm girl.
Your eyes look so big and pretty in your "tummy time" picture. You are such a special girl to us!
With love, Grandma Bevie

Anonymous said...

Check out them eyes! I'll bet there's not much they miss. I love the cowgirl pictures, too. I hope to meet the lil darlin' one of these days!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Hanna is CRAWLING in that picture! You guys are going to have to tie her down pretty soon. If you need help cleaning up the messes, I AM a retired janitor.