"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Sand Box"

The spring winds have started around here. For those of you that aren't familiar with them, they can turn a perfectly nice day in one that's cold and incredibly dusty. Hannah and I have spent some time outside on the nice days but haven't gotten to go out much lately. I made her a makeshift sand box in the house. It's a container full of cornmeal that she can throw all over the kitchen. (Thanks for the idea Kari.) It's a great inside alternative to having sand all over the house and she's learning that it's not very tasty to eat!


3 comments:

Kari said...

next step? Hide things in it. small things that aren't choking hazards, of course! Oh, how I wish for a sweepable kitchen floor! You are soooo lucky! :)

DuVal Family said...

I actually did hide things in it though it's not obvious in the picture. The bottle cap (on the left) and colored spoons were hidden in the "sand". They provided great fun! Next time we break out the "sand" we may do it on an old vinyl table cloth to make clean-up easier.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!
I think you are going to like to play in the dirt just as much as your daddy and mommy did!! This is a great idea for indoor fun! Love, Me