"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Whitney Butte (edited)

I was reading my Mom's hiking blog, and she being the older and much wiser in the three generations picture, pointed out that the trail ended at a magnificent lava flow. Apparently in my frustration at meeting a steel cable with no foreseeable trail ahead, didn't recognize the beauty in front of me. I'm sure the fact that I was counting on not having to hike back up the "hill" that we just came down added to my frustration.

We really do live in a beautiful place. It's not always lush or green like a valley but it definitely has it's own high desert beauty. We are definitely blessed to live here. I hope you can appreciate the beauty that surrounds you where ever you live.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erica!
Hey there! I'll be in the area in the next week visiting the family. I'd love to meet yours if you have time!
Tracy
tj_stowers at yahoo