"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom
Sunshine in the Morning
After a long day with the cow and calf, and a long night with the heifer and calf I didn't sleep well. I was worried about this calf all night because I wasn't ready to lose her after losing her mother. I was greeted with this (albeit out of focus) sunshiny face in the morning. I was so thankful.
We got her some colostrum and got her into an outside pen...the dog kennel for the time being.
Gus our nurturing cow dog spent a tremendous amount of time licking her yesterday. I thought it was just the poop on her that he liked but I think it was more than that. He knew she needed some love.
I was a little worried about her yesterday. She was a bit lethargic and was beginning to develop diarrhea. I was so encouraged this morning. She jumped up to greet me and quickly consumed all of her breakfast. As long as we can keep her healthy we should have it made. Who knows "sunshine" might just make it into her registered name. Her happy face is just what I needed when I woke up.
1 comment:
Go Sunshine!! Keep it up!
Post a Comment