"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Friday, May 7, 2010

Turtle Bay

I was feeling like I needed to get out of dodge so we headed to Redding, CA and Turtle Bay. We took Hannah when she was the same age Helena is now. Apparently I like this strawberry shirt because Hannah was also wearing it when she went to Turtle Bay. We'll just call it the "Turtle Bay Uniform." The first stop was the playground in Paul Bunyan's Forest Camp. We were there right as they opened and we had the playground to ourselves. Since we live out in the sticks I don't mind a little solitude.

Swinging was the first order of business...



Then we saw the butterflies

and fish.


We visited most of the rest of the park but I didn't feel like taking many pictures this time.


I thought some of the locals might appreciate this picture taken at 65 mph. Here's a picture of Shasta Lake (5/3/10). Normally you can see the red-orange "beaches" of the lake. It was so low at Thanksgiving that it almost resembled a mud puddle. It hasn't been this high in years from what I understand.

No comments: