She needs to make a presentation at school tomorrow on making or doing something. She likes playing with her dolls so I thought it might be nice to help her make a doll pillow. I figured it would be much easier to talk about something if she had just completed it and it was fresh in her mind.
I gave her the freedom to choose the fabric and thread color. We did have to talk about why we choose a particular thread color. She cut the piece out using my sewing scissors. I pinned it together and she helped me guide it through the sewing machine. I left stuffing the pillow up to her and she loved it. She decided when it was just full enough. I finished off by hand stitching the open with a little bit of help from her. What a joy to spend time with my girl and expose her to a new skill.

She is so proud of her creation. I think I will be finding it in her bed for many nights to come. Hopefully we can remember to get it out and take it with us in the morning!
2 comments:
I did have the pleasure of making Helena her own doll pillow after she saw how cool Hannah's was. :)
She did (and you) such a great job! Way to go Hannah!! It's great that she loves being so crafty! I'm sure Helena loves hers just as much!!
Post a Comment