"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Fair

The fair was this weekend. I told myself I wasn't going to spend much time there but let's face it there isn't much to do around here so we ended up at the fair at least once a day.

Thursday: I had the brilliant idea to go at 10:00 when it "opened." I don't think I will be doing that again. Nothing was quite ready for the big "opening." The exhibit buildings were supposed to be open and the doors appeared to be. Hannah and I were enjoying our stroll through the building until a lady explained to me that the building was in fact not open and she was afraid that people might steal her items in the isle that she was still trying to get set up. Do we look like we need random hydraulic parts? We must! I decided at that point to head back home and come back another time. I would rather not cook during the fair so we headed back with Daddy that evening for some dinner.

Friday: Daddy would have rather not gone back to the fair but they were having the Farmer and Rancher Appreciation dinner. It's tough to turn down free BBQ from one of the best caterers around. After dinner we cruised around and looked at all of the exhibits and animals.

Saturday: Do we go to the fair? Do we stay home? Do we go to the fair? OK let's go I decided. Hannah was running around the house refusing to be dressed and I began to wonder if I really wanted to go. I asked her, "Do you want to go to the fair?" She immediately brought me her clothes and sat down to be dressed. I guess she wanted to go. We went in a little bit early and got some lunch and then watched the parade. I had been wanting to take Hannah into a farm play area for little kids so we waited around for it to open.

Here she is digging in the dirt for potatoes.



This was probably the highlight for Hannah. It was a very large box filled with whole corn and lots of sandbox toys. At one point I took her out and she jumped back in while I was trying to get the corn out of her britches.


"I'm so exhausted Mom but I don't want to get out."
I guess Daddy was tired of fair food and was looking forward to some home cooked dinner but he made me believe otherwise and we ended up back at the fair for dinner. We should of just had cereal or something because it was absolutely crazy trying to get something to eat.
Sunday: We attended the church service at the fair and then had lunch with some of the grandparents.

I'm kind of pooped from all of the activity but we still look forward to it every year.


1 comment:

Annie said...

Our younger kiddos loved the corn "sand" box also! Andy's pant legs were rolled up, and when I changed him later on, we ended up with about a cup of dried corn on our living room floor (: You are right- fair was fun, and one of the "big" highlights here...