"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Mitten

Hannah and I did a little craft project this afternoon. Ok, so it was mostly my craft project but I was hoping Hannah would help. I traced her hand and made this mitten from the tracing. I broke out the buttons and ribbon and we started to decorate. Hannah didn't actually want any buttons on her mitten. She thought it was more fun to put them in the jar. I also broke out my puffy fabric paint from high school and wrote her name and the year on the back. I was excited to find the paint was still good since it was pretty old as far as paint goes.

A pair of mittens would have made more sense but I hope we can make this a yearly tradition, and I think we will end up with quite a few before Hannah and the new little one lose interest. Admittedly this was not my original idea. The original post is from here. I have been visiting Crafy Crow to find ideas that might liven up our lives a little bit and that's where I found it first.

It will be fun to watch the mittens get bigger over the years and see how the girls decorate them.


1 comment:

Kari said...

Love it. Can we come do a couple?? :)