"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Belated Happy Easter

We hope you all had a Happy Easter! Ours turned out to be a pretty full day. Hannah and Helena slept in while I stayed home with them and Daddy went to the sunrise service. I would have liked to have gone but I knew the girls needed their sleep if the rest of the day was going to be bearable. When Daddy got home Hannah got to dig into her Easter basket. Not long after that we had breakfast with Papa Randy, Lynn, Uncle Jared and Cousin Wyatt. We were lucky enough to get to go to some friend's house for a community egg hunt. It was Hannah's first year hunting and she was very serious. I think she was a little bit unsure of all of the people and then once we got going she took her hunting job very seriously.


Here she is opening the egg that she found. It took about a half a dozen eggs before I could convince her to toss the egg in and go look for the next one. She was apparently more concerned about the quality of the items inside and I thought she needed to be worried about quantity. We would have been hunting all day if I hadn't convinced her of the latter.


Whooho! Hannah found a gold egg with some money in it. I guess it pays to hunt the perimeter of the area.

I think she really just enjoyed sitting on the 4-wheeler. Uncle Jared and Papa Randy had been taking her for rides so she thought she needed to go after the egg hunt.
Helena got to go too but she spent most of her time sleeping in her car seat next to Daddy.
I really did try to dress her up for Easter. I figured there was no point taking her dressed up the the egg hunt because she would just get dirty. I was right. By the end she was sitting in the driveway playing with rocks with her cousin. When we got home I put her in her Easter dress for lunch. That lasted for about 20 minutes and then she was running around saying "dress off, dress off!" Oh well, I got one picture before the dress came off and her hair was wrecked.
We spent the rest of the day eating lunch with our family and visiting. The guys went out shooting and the gals played with the kids.

No comments: