Hannah loved picking up the rocks. Daddy had made some piles in the field and Hannah immediately caught on to picking them up and putting them in the back of the Gator. I guess we should enjoy her willingness while it lasts because picking rocks is not one of the most desired jobs around. You can see the excitement on her face in the second picture as she takes her rock back to the Gator.

We came back inside for a little Easter egg dyeing. We made the same recipe last year and they turned out completely different. I think I like them better this year. Hannah helped put the eggs in the dye. I couldn't seem to get her to put them into a different color once they had been in one color. I had to finish them by putting them in other colors. Her favorite color these days is yellow and most of the eggs seemed to end up there.
Hannah discovered that the shell cracks when you bang the egg against your head. She then found that the shell peels off and there's stuff inside. Needless to say we had one casualty that we didn't get to dye. I did however find out that I did a good job of getting them hard boiled.

1 c. hot water
1 Tbs. oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. food coloring (I added food coloring paste until I like the color because that's what I had)
Make the above mixture for each color that you want to use. Dip the egg in the dye for a few seconds, remove, and pat lightly with paper towels. Repeat until you like the effect.


No comments:
Post a Comment