For the last few years we have rented some ground to grow triticale to make grain hay for the cows. Last year we had another farmer put up the hay for us but this year we have decided to do it ourselves. We rented some equipment and yesterday was the day we cut it.
Here they are, ready to go. Hannah was so excited. She couldn't stop talking about the swathers in the driveway. She would frequently drag me out there to look at them.

Our view for several hours yesterday while traveling about 3 m.p.h. It was slow going but if I went much faster I would have spent way too much time unplugging the swather.

The girls loving the ride.

After a few hours Hannah busied herself trying to color on every page of a notebook that I brought. Helena decided to take a nap on the arm that I steer with. This forced me to steer with blood deprived fingers. Boy were they tired when I got done. It's amazing what a Mom will do to keep a kiddo asleep when they know they need a nap.

And then Hannah decided to take a nap behind the same arm. At this point I'm hoping and praying nothing goes wrong with the swather that will cause me to have to get out.


2 comments:
this is sooo adorable!!
I can't believe you had another hand to take the adorable picture!!!
Post a Comment