"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

From Their Perspective

It's fun to see how the personalities of each of the girls develops. Hannah still dresses herself in silly things sometimes but now Helena has gotten in on the action. This particular night she was sporting a pair of green and white gingham shorts and an orange corduroy skirt for a shirt. She wanted to wear the orange diaper cover too but I wasn't sure where to put it. Now in retrospect I guess she could have worn it as a hat.


The girls have their own nativity scene to play with. One evening I thought I would help Hannah set it up in a traditional way. We started out in that direction and then Hannah's free spirit took over. Baby Jesus needed a cattle truck in case he wanted to haul his animals around and I guess a hay truck to feed all of the animals present at His birth. Peterbilt, Mack Truck, and John Deere are definitely not brand names found in a traditional nativity but they work for this little farm girl.




4 comments:

Jaimie said...

Love the nativity!! Sounds perfect!

I'm always a little nervous what the kids will come out wearing!

Anonymous said...

I love the way Hannah dressed herself the other day - a short sleeve shirt layered over a longsleeve shirt. When I asked her about it, she said that was the way Daddy wore his shirts (how sweet) and then indicated that you (Mommy) said it was okay to wear it that way (i.e. she is obviously open to your fashion input - at least at 3 years old.) Memaw

DuVal Family said...

LOL! Yes, she does like to dress like that because Daddy does. Helena also used to have a shirt that was all one piece but had that look. I think that's where it all started. I try to give her freedom in what she wears when it doesn't really matter what she puts on.

Uncle Luke said...

Fine work, Hannah. Way to think ahead. Jesus has to get those animals back to Galilee somehow.