"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Tree

It's been way too long since I made a blog post. My main excuse is that we have been really busy. Here's the beginning of an attempt to catch up.

Every year we go out and cut down a Christmas tree. We normally don't go anywhere for Thanksgiving and do it that Friday or Saturday. We were fortunate to get to spend time in Chico and Sacramento this year with Ben's family. We also don't normally leave town in December, which we did this year. I suggested I just buy a tree in town. Ben suggested we wouldn't have a tree if we had to buy it in town. So I conceded and we went out tree hunting on Sunday afternoon with a "it's now or never" attitude. We were due to leave town in a week and I was worried it would snow so much we wouldn't be able to get one.

Here's Hannah making a snow angel. She hasn't quite mastered the leg swing to make the skirt on the angel so I guess for now she'll be making boy angels with pants.



Helena and I after picking our tree. She didn't love our adventure into the woods. I think not long after we parked the pickup she and Hannah got rolled out of the sled into the snow. It was all downhill from there.



Hannah loves to have snowball fights. Here she's playing with Memaw Mary while Memaw lets her win.


There was a lot of snow this year at the lower elevations. We think some of the prettier trees are higher on the mountain but this year we had to settle for the best we could find. Hannah really got into decorating the tree this year.

Helena also tried to help decorate, but only after eating chocolate and markers.


Here's the tree in all of it's glory on Christmas morning. It leans a little but that just shows that it has been well loved by several little kids.

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

We always talk about trekking out to get a tree, haven't done it yet...
Looks like a great day all around!
Merry Christmas!