"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Saturday, September 19, 2009

1/2 Birthday

Helena is six months old today. I can't decide if it seems like we've had her forever or if it seems like just yesterday that we had her. I guess it really it feels like we have known her forever. We love her sweet disposition and laid back nature. She is bright but not quite as loud as her sister, which is OK with me.

When Hannah was 6 months old I made her a half birthday cake. Get it? It's half a birthday cake. Anyway, today is Helena's half birthday, so I made her a cake too. Hannah was excited to get to eat some of the half birthday cake this time. She ate more dinner than she has in a long time just to get some. Poor Helena is too little and missed out.

Sorry about the rather unappetizing picture. I guess I don't photograph chocolate cake well.


I also did a six month photo shoot with Helena this morning too. Here's a sample of what I got. Hopefully if I can remember I'll do a post with more six month pictures in it.




5 comments:

Uncle Luke said...

Happy median bday Helena!! Growing up so fast, and so photogenic!

Anonymous said...

Helena~
You are equally cute and sweet! We are all in love with you!! XO Grandma Bevie

Jaimie said...

What a grand idea!! LOVE IT!! Helena is super D duper cute! What a photographer you are!

DuVal Family said...

Thanks Jaimie. The cake was not my original idea. I saw it on a blog somewhere but can't remember where. Ben got me a new lens for my birthday and this was really the first time I had used it for a photo shoot.

Anonymous said...

More! More! More!
You are developing into quite the photographer!! but it most certainly does help that your girls are so photogenic!!
Luv, hugs and smiles too!! ^i^