"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Fair So Far

Our local fair started this week. I told myself that I wasn't going to go every day like I have in the past. With two kids I have found it to be quite challenging to spend lengthy amounts of time there. Well so far I have been every day. Oh well, it's about the only thing that goes on around here all year long.

Here's Heléna favorite past time at the fair...thankfully I only have one to chase.

We visited Humphrey's Farmyard...

and played in the corn box...

and with the hand pump and ducks. I'm really wishing for one of these at my house. I think it could fill hours of time during nice weather.


Heléna sleeps again.


Hannah rode a pony. She really wanted to ride the white pony at the bottom of the picture but she wasn't quite ready for riders yet. Ironically her name was Hannah too.



This morning was the parade. Here we come!


For those of you that don't know, the little corner of the Basin that we live in is called Copic Bay.


Each kid dressed up like something they want to be when they grow up. Hannah usually has an opinion, but not about this so she got to be a hay squeeze driver. Mommy and Daddy spent quite a few hours turning her cozy coupe car into a hay squeeze. Heléna again was asleep...on my shoulder.


After the parade we had lunch and watched a Pee Wee Showmanship class. Hannah desperately wanted to be in the ring with her friends. OK, I guess I might have to do something about that for next year. Four suckers later (yes, I said four. I was a long parade ride and preparation, and then someone at a booth gave her one...grrr.) and no nap we left with Hannah screaming and covered in sticky! She's napping now and I'm hoping for a little greasy fair food and a dough boy (elephant ear) for dinner.
Good times in a small town!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the float take any prizes?

Kari said...

so...no tutorial on the float making? hmmm...

DuVal Family said...

Sorry no tutorial. I contemplated a little pictoral step by step but in the interest of getting it done we just did it!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you gotta luv all those fair people with their sweet suckers and your little ones!!
Ain't fairs such fun though!!
It will get better as they grow!
God loves mothers who keep putting their feet forward!!
^i^

Uncle Luke said...

Local pride, Copic Bay represent!! That hay squeeze is rad...