"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom
Little Lamb
We got a lamb on Friday. I have been hesitant to mention it here because the one we got about 2 weeks ago didn't last the night. This one is much older and seems to be healthier. Hopefully I don't jinx myself with this post. The lamb's mom died Thursday night so she got to come live with us. It's taking her awhile to learn to transition to the bottle but she's getting it figured out. She is also loving to eat hay and grain so I'm hoping that we won't have to bottle feed her for too much longer. Hannah loves going out to help feed her....for awhile until she wants Mama to hold her, then it's all over. At some point the lamb is going to Grandma and Grandpa's house to eat their pasture so we had better enjoy her while she's here.
Here's Hannah loving to play in the water and then the straw. She was covered in straw from head to toe by the time we left to go into the house. I stripped her down in the lawn to get all the straw out. I can see that this summer is going to bring a lot more laundry my way.
Meet "Debbie". Uncle Jared thought she looked like a "Debbie." I asked her if she wanted to be called Debbie and she didn't complain so I guess Debbie it is. While she's little I guess we will call her "Little Debbie." Her ultimate end is lamb chops and no, naming her won't make that choice any harder. Lambs are cute when they are little but by the time they are big enough to eat we are usually tired of looking at them. Heartless I know!
Hannah and Debbie have not decided to be friends yet. Debbie runs from us when we get into the pen and Hannah tries to pull out her wool while she's taking the bottle. We are working on teaching her how to pet.
No comments:
Post a Comment