We had lots of help. We had my Dad (Lee), Ben's Dad (Randy), Randy's cousin and his son, Lynn, Austin, Ben and myself. My Mom was busy playing with Hannah. Our friend's Carrie and Garret came to watch the excitement.
I do have to admit that we don't really do it in traditional cowboy style. We don't rope or have cow dogs that are trained to help, and there wasn't a horse on the place. We even have a branding iron that plugs in to an extension cord. We have Powder River working facilities with a squeeze chute (for the cows) and a calf table. So really cowboy doesn't describe us...I think we are just people with cows from the looks of it. Would we like some of traditional items? Yes, there are definitely times when they would help. Like when the wild calf escapes out of the calf table and Austin basically has to ride/bulldog the calf back to the alley. Some days I think, "I really should learn how to rope better."






No comments:
Post a Comment