"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empites today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Upper Table Rock

Yesterday Mom, Hannah and I went to Medford to do a little bit of shopping. Before we came home we decided to go on a "little hike." We hiked up Upper Table Rock outside of Medford. It is rated as easy and I would imagine it is if you don't immediately gain 20 pounds by carrying your child in a backpack. Is this what it's like to be on "The Biggest Looser"? It was a 2.8 miles round trip and we had an elevation gain of 720 feet. Once we got going I was fine but in the first 50 feet I wasn't sure if I could do it. We got warmed up and then it went pretty well. I took my camera so I had the excuse of stopping OFTEN to take pictures of wild flowers or the scenery we overlooked.
Hannah and Mama. Notice Hannah's head is almost laying on my shoulder. She fell asleep about half way up.

The view part way up the trail. Mt. McLoughlin in the background.



Some wild flowers. I tried briefly to find out their names to no avail.






A little wildlife along the way.






No comments: